Millfield School is one of the UK’s leading co-educational independent schools for boys and girls aged 2-18 years.
About Millfield Enterprises Somerset
Millfield School is one of the UK’s leading co-educational independent schools for boys and girls aged 2-18 years. It is a centre of excellence for academic study, sport and the Arts, and has a vast variety of facilities that are difficult to surpass anywhere including a 50m and two 25m Swimming pools, three golf courses, polo fields, indoor and outdoor tennis courts, theatres and two concert halls, many sports halls plus other top class facilities.
- The towns of Street, Glastonbury and Bruton are all in the county of Somerset in South-West England.
- Comfortable boarding school accommodation on well-equipped school campuses. Each boarding house has a houseparent and assistant responsible for the smooth running of the house and the welfare of students in their care and there are also other members of staff in houses, providing a high ratio of staff to students.
Millfield is a top English public school and the Millfield English Language Holiday Courses are well established.
We are accredited by the British Council, members of English UK and Quality English, as well as being a Trinity and Cambridge examination centre.
We offer English language tuition, academy sport / non-sport tuition, activities, games, culture, day-trips, and as much fun as anyone could fit into the time available!
Our three campuses form the Millfield English Holiday Course family and we bring everyone together on a number of occasions throughout the course to enable friends and siblings to meet up and new friends to be made.
We cater for students aged 6-17 years old of all abilities who enjoy English tuition in small classes throughout the week and have the opportunity to participate in the following options:
– Preparation for UK Schools, Cambridge Exam Preparation Course (PET, FCE, CAE), Study Skills and Pre-University English.
– Sport Academies with qualified instructors – Athletics, Swimming, Basketball, Golf, Tennis, Fencing, Football, Badminton, Hockey, Mixed Martial Arts, Squash, Riding, Rugby, Tetrathlon and Young Adventurers.
– Specialist Tuition in Academy Leaders of the Future, Fashion, Dance, Etiquette, Chess, Computer Programming, Create, Film, Classical Music, Rock, Musical Theatre, Cooking, Minda, Body & Soul, Taste of Britian, Journalism, Fine Art, Drama and Photography.
– Sports and Recreation (Participation in a wide variety of activities).
Students are accommodated in boarding houses on one of our three beautiful and safe campuses and participate fully in the social programme and excursions. These typically include Discos, House Song, Rock Festival, Millfield the Musical, talent shows, Summer Fete, Mini-Olympics, Swimming Galas; typical excursions are City Tours, Museums & Castles, Theme Parks, Seaside Trips and many more.
There are also optional extras such as London and Oxford weekend trips, and Trinity Examinations for both Juniors and Seniors in the summer.
Send Message to listing owner