SOFIA WORKSHOP – New Tasks building New Perspectives
New Tasks building New Perspectives by Gallery Teachers
May 21st, 2018
Address: 51, Alexander Malinov Blvd.
Metro City Centre “The Hall”, floor +1
English Languages Teachers today are supposed to be in the ‘post methods era’ and yet what can realistically replace the main methodological innovation since the 1970s?
The Communicative Approach invited students to use language for genuine communication but now, many teachers feel we have moved ahead into a less clear territory.
This workshop will re-examine the idea and practice of communicative activities and will present a number of completely new and sometimes innovative solutions to help motivate and galvanise your students.
Interspersing hands-on activities for the participants, the presenter will show how research supports the ideas presented.
Be prepared for informative fun!
If you are interested please contact by email:
Emi Velcheva for more information: [email protected]
The Presenter: Steve Hirschhorn
- began teaching in 1980
- spent several years examining the Humanistic Approaches
- senior positions in UK Higher Education
- 3rd Principal of the prestigious Eckersley Oxford School of English
- 2 years in China developing ELT departments in a group of schools
- Chair of Gallery Teachers Membership Committee
- twice winner of the Walpole Prize for innovation in teaching
- published and lectured widely in Europe, South America, the Far East and the Middle East
- External Examiner for three UK Universities’ Applied Linguistics or language related programmes.