Gallery Teachers has an international network of offices which means we have direct and indirect ELT job opportunities around the world. Most of these job opportunities are only available to Gallery Teachers Members, the membership is free and has many benefits, to find out more about our membership services please click here.
Please note strict measures are in place to ensure the suitability of potential applicants.
- References will be followed up.
- All gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily.
- Proof of identity and qualifications will be required.
- Reference requests will ask specifically whether there is any reason that candidates should not be employed in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18.
- Appropriate Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS, formerly CRB) disclosure may be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
- Location: United Kingdom, Harrow London
- Experience: CELTA + Degree + 1 Year teaching experience
- Positions: 40
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential / Non-residential
Our partner British Council accredited school is looking for enthusiastic, passionate and dynamic EFL / ESL teachers and Activity Leaders to deliver our Go Create! English programme to juniors aged 11-17, Go Create! English a creative English language programme which sees students doing activities as diverse as filmmaking, songwriting and radio drama production, all while learning and improving their English.
The school is currently recruiting residential and non-residential teachers.
Our opening dates are:
London Harrow – 26th June to 26th August 2017
Our partner school is looking for an efficient, effective and Italian speaking front desk administrator to join our team of dedicated and resourceful staff at the school.
Hours of work:
45 hours per week (Full-time)
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Assistant Administrator / Receptionist is responsible for the managing the School’s reception desk and performing all duties necessary to support the student services department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Receptionist / administrator are responsible for the following:
• Frontline enquiries and reception duties - dealing with customers, students and visitors to the School either in person, or by telephone, e-mail etc
• Managing the School’s Reception Desk and resources to ensure it is welcoming, informative and accessible for all
• Preparing and distributing information leaflets and materials to students / agents
• Supporting the updating and development of the School’s Student Data Management System
• Supporting international students on welfare activities, including arrivals, registration, induction, accommodation and other related activities, as and when required
• Assisting with absence reporting and attendance monitoring
• Receiving tuition fee payments and issuing receipts
• Producing and issuing supporting letters to students upon request
• Receipting the collection of student assessments on deadline days and working closely with the
School’s Academic department to compile student assessments and feedbacks
• Assisting with activities to support local marketing and recruitment activities, including helping with in-coming visits to the School
• Any other duties as required from time to time by Management
Education and Qualifications
Excellent Word/Text processing
Holding or working towards Administration Level 2 qualification
Good all round level of education to include Maths and English to GCSE (Grade A – C) or equivalent level
A first degree related to business management / business administration
Experience and Knowledge
Customer service experience
Experience of working to targets
Positive thinking, team player, responsible, professional, willing to learn, multi-tasking, service oriented and able to work under pressure
Experience would be an advantage (training will be provided to those without experience)
Experience of working with students, particularly international students
Knowledge of the HE / English Language sector
Experience of working in an HE / language school educational environment
Demonstrable knowledge of UK immigration rules and regulations
Skills and Abilities
Experience of working in a busy customer service environment
A strong interest in working with students
Good organizational skills
A willingness to work flexibly and to tight deadlines when necessary
++Good written and verbal communication skills in both English & Italian, including a pleasant and professional personal and telephone manner++
Good administrative IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc)
Experience of working with data management skills and strong record-keeping skills
Enthusiasm and motivation to be a key member of a front-line customer-facing team
Starting from £7.50 per hour (plus free staff lunch provided)
Please send a cover letter and CV to our HR department.
Due to the volume of applications, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Please Note: We will require at least two references which will be followed up by our HR team. Candidates will need to undergo the necessary DBS police checks and any gaps in work history will need to be explained.