Website Acropolis Associates
We are looking for English teachers for many schools in China. We will be your ambassador to China and will be in contact for you with several schools to help you get the job offer that suits you best. The schools pay our fees. You will not have anything to pay us. By using our services, through a single contact with our consultants, you will have access to a large number of schools. We will make it easier for you to discuss and negotiate with Chinese schools; this is often a complicated part to manage for foreign teachers.
We are looking for a large number of English teachers and we are pre-selecting according to specific criteria. The first mandatory criteria are those that will allow you to obtain a visa and a work permit to teach legally in China. It should be noted that in recent years China has experienced many cases where people who had obtained a work permit to teach English were not in good standing. As a result, the Chinese administration has tightened all controls in 2019 and all procedures are currently extremely strict.
We are a company specialising in human resources, created in 1999 by British and French partners. Our company is present in China since 2004. We are ready to help you. Some criteria are important for us so as not to waste our time and your time.
Salary and benefits
We will do our best to get the best offer for you. Salaries and package are different from city to city.
In 2019, in China, the 4 imperative criteria are:
1) That you hold a passport from one of these countries imperatively (USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa).
2) That you hold a degree at least Bachelor level,
3) You hold an ESL, TEFL or equivalent certificate (TESOL, TESL, CELTA, DELTA). This certificate must not have been obtained online. This certificate must have been obtained by following 120 hours of course.
4) That you are really interested in coming to teach English in China immediately or at the latest within 6 months.
– If you are in the process of obtaining a Bachelor’s degree or certificate, you only need to indicate the dates on which you will obtain the Bachelor or the ESL, TEFL, TESOL, TESL, CELTA, DELTA certificate.
– If you are a more experienced teacher, with many years of teaching experience or with more specific teacher qualifications, your application interests us too.
– If you are from the Philippines, in some cases you could be employed by public schools to teach English. That’s what the law says, but in practice passport holders in Philippines have a lot of trouble getting the work permit as an English teacher. In private schools, they are illegally employed as “teacher assistants”. You can apply, but we know in advance that your application will be more difficult than for those who have the passports of the countries indicated in criterion 1.
– If you do not meet all these conditions, we would like to help you but we know that you will not be able to get a work permit because the conditions of the Chinese administration are now extreme strict since January 2019. Be vigilant for any agency that promises the opposite. Either they are trying to scam you, or they will put you in a difficult and illegal situation.
How to apply
– We ask you to follow the following process so that together we are more efficient. The first step is to fill out the “APPLY” form on our website.
– You must complete this form in the most complete and accurate manner. If you are in the process of obtaining a Bachelor’s degree or certificate, you only need to indicate the dates when you will obtain the Bachelor or the ESL, TEFL, TESOL, TESL, CELTA, DELTA certificate, in the “Other Comments” field. Upon receipt of the form, one of our consultants (Sylvie, Hélène, Sibel, Diane or Cheryl) will contact you to propose an interview in Visio conference by Skype or Face Time.Salary: Various, see above
To apply for this job please visit www.english-teachers-china.com.