Website American Village
2-8 week contracts available for the following start dates at American Village Camps:
• March 14, 2019
• March 21, 2019
• March 28, 2019
(2-8 week contracts available)
Location: One of our language villages in France. Exact location announced after hire.
American Village Camps seek energetic, creative, initiative-takers who are native English speakers & love working with children. We’ve been running English immersion camps in France since 1994! Our English Language Counselors live at our immersion camps, scattered in the countryside across France.
• Are you a team player, organized, and able to disconnect from technology during working hours (no smartphones while with the kids)?
• Are you kind, caring and friendly: a people-person?
• Are you capable of organizing activities: sports, arts & crafts, dance, large scale games?
• Are you excited about performing in skits, telling stories, leading songs & cheers?
• Are you creative and excited about brainstorming as a team?
• Are you receptive to learning about our approach to teaching English, and implementing it in and outside of the classroom?
Salary and benefits
Salary for all days worked: 1170 Euros / month.
• Shared dorm-style housing with other counselors, bedding included
• Meals included
• Free laundry services are available at least once a week
• No fees associated with the obtainment of your temporary work permit (North Americans)
• Absolutely no application fee to apply to this job
• All counselors may request a 50€ defrayal of train travel to their village
• Accident insurance while working for work-related injuries
We have multiple camps running simultaneously across France. Nacel pays for any work-related transportation costs if the counselor changes camps.
We only seek Language Counselors who are native English speakers.
• Camp counseling, childcare &/or teaching experience
• Clear criminal history
• 20 years old is the minimum age requirement for foreign counselors (typical applicant is between 20 and 35 years old)
• High school diploma from a school in an anglophone country & correct grammar and spelling on application
• First-hand knowledge of North American culture
• Must be able to enter Schengen Zone as a tourist (for example: US or Canadians are allowed this with a valid passport)
How to apply
The application process and application tips are outlined on the American Village recruitment website. A professional reference is required. We advise you to read through the entire recruitment website before completing the online application.
Access the online application: www.job-americanvillage.com/en/application-processSalary: €1170 p/m
To apply for this job please visit www.job-americanvillage.com.