Director of Studies
Website Anglophiles Academic Ltd
Are you looking for a challenge in the summer of 2019?
Are you focused, organised and passionate about leading and supporting a team of EFL Teachers?
We are looking for a Director of Studies (DoS) to work in our Residential Centres in Boston College (Lincolnshire) or Funcoast World (Skegness).
Details of Position
Anglophiles Academic is a well-established, private educational company founded in 1973 with a reputation for quality and professionalism. We run English Language courses and activity programmes for young, overseas visitors throughout the UK and abroad. Our students are aged between 11 to 17 years old and are mainly from France and Spain.
Anglophiles Academic is accredited by ABLS (Accreditation Body for Language Services).
– Manage and oversee a team of teachers who teach up to 36 hours per week.
– Schedule classes and rotas, according to the needs of the Centre.
– Manage the team of teachers by giving guidance and support, and where necessary, help teachers reach their maximum potential while ensuring the high standard of professional teaching is maintained.
– Support the Centre Manager and Sports Manager, as required, according to the needs of the Centre.
– Enhanced DBS disclosure is essential, dated within the last three years or willingness to purchase one.
– All successful candidates must attend a briefing, to be held in London on Saturday 22nd June 2019, as well as attending a Management training briefing on Friday 21st June 2019.
CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent (a course with minimum of 100 contact hours and 6 hours observation)
DELTA, MA in TESOL, BA in TESOL – ESSENTIAL
Eligible to live and work in the UK
English native level of competence.
Excellent communication skills.
Flexibility and adaptability.
Ability and desire to work both independently and as part of a team.
Excellent organisational and managerial skills.
Ability to place students within the correct English class according to their ability level.
Create and adhere to timetables.
Previous Summer School experience on residential courses is essential.
Experience: 2 years Head Teacher experience in a similar environment would be a great advantage.
Must be able to attend an interview in our London Office
Salary and Benefits
Salary: Competitive salary, dependent on qualification and experience and the size of the Centre managed.
Benefits: Accommodation provided with full board.
To apply for this job please visit www.anglophiles.com.