Website Cambridge Assessment
Job Title: Operations Manager
Trusted experts in international assessment and learning
Cambridge Assessment English helps people learn English and prove their skills to the world. We are looking for a resulted orientated Operations Manager to join us. We are a collaborative, responsible and innovative team who work effectively under pressure to meet challenging deadlines.
Do you have the logical approach required to help us deliver?
Delivering end-to-end operations for Cambridge English services
Reporting to the Regional Operations Head – East Asia, the Operations Manager will assist and support Regional Operations Head to devise and implement the regional operational strategy to achieve the operational targets of the region and ensure continued performance improvement.
With a background in KAIZEN, lean, agile operation management or 6-Sigmas, in collaboration with key stakeholders you will develop detail new processes or SOP (Standard Operation Procedure) and then co-ordinate their execution reporting of any issues identified.
Key to your success will be your ability to provide cross department project management support, providing visibility of project status using MS Excel or MS Project. You will also be comfortable producing data findings in a user friendly and meaningful way to support business cases and project submissions as required. This could include analysing data from 3rd party suppliers and providing detailed information on the findings including providing a cost benefit analysis.
You’ll create and review accurate process costs to enable operations to find efficiencies, optimising on-going product, service design and launches ensuring we are not exposing the business to excessive operating risks.
Ensuring that processes are carried out and related documentation is produced to the highest levels of quality and accuracy at all of the stages assigned to the post, you will ensure that the standard procedures and to pre-established schedules are followed.
You’ll also support a culture of systematic process review, looking to standardise and homogenize processes as much as possible, therefore maximising process efficiency, cost effectiveness and flexibility of resource
Here you can view the full job description
What we’re looking for
A graduate level of education, you will be able to demonstrate the following criteria in your application:
• Excellent communication skills in both English and Mandarin (at least B2 in both)
• Experience of complex projects, processes and procedures in a large organisation
• Ability to think strategically.
• Ability to engage with a broad range of stakeholders to build collaborative working relationships.
• Confidence when dealing with stakeholder resistance to proposed changes.
• Strong data analytical skills
• Excellent customer service and relationship management skills.
• Experience of managing complex projects.
• Experience of managing suppliers
• Operational management of change and development and maintenance of working procedures.
• Experience of managing and motivating individuals and teams.
• Structured user acceptance test planning, execution and reporting.
• Project management experience.
• Competent user level expertise in IT and ICT (esp. EDI and information flow management)
• Strong and detailed understanding of operation expertise and knowledge (e.g. KAIZEN, lean, agile operation management, 6-Sigmas etc.)
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Word, MS Project and MS Visio
• Good working knowledge of data analysis software (e.g. MS Power BI, MS Excel etc.)
• A collaborative and logical approach to work
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and can meet tight deadlines
• Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised
• Result oriented and data driven thinking
• Can-do attitude for decision making and problem solving.
Desirable (nice to have but not necessary):
• Supply Chain Management knowledge and international logistics knowledge
• PMP (Project Management Professional Certification) or PRINCE2 certificates
• 6-Sigma Green Belt
• Advanced working knowledge of data analysis software (e.g. MS Excel VBA, Tableau,)
• Knowledge of database management (e.g. EDI, SQL etc.)
• Knowledge of language testing and/or language learning theory and practice
• Knowledge of Cambridge English delivery systems
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment English (www.cambridgeenglish.org) is a division of Cambridge Assessment (www.cambridgeassessment.org.uk), a not-for-profit department of University of Cambridge. We develop and produce the most valuable range of qualifications for learners and teachers of English in the world. Over 5 million people in 130 countries take our exams every year. Around the world over 25,000 universities, employers, government ministries and other organisations rely on our exams and qualifications as proof of English language ability.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches lead to innovation and create an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 21/03/2021 and interviews will be held w/c 29 March 2021.
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
The University of Cambridge will be bringing together its publishing and assessment operations to create a single organisation from 1 August 2021. Cambridge University Press and Cambridge Assessment publish and create world-leading content and examinations that are used across more than 170 countries.
The move is in response to a growing desire from learners, teachers and researchers to engage with Cambridge in a joined up digital way, and the demand for innovative products that combine expertise in learning and assessment. The new organisation will have the capabilities to provide world leading assessment, learning and academic research offerings globally, under the Cambridge brand and backed by first class teaching and research departments.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER