English Literature Teacher
An Élan Literature Teacher’s main responsibility is to deliver Élan’s taught classroom programs. As a Literature Teacher, you will deliver high quality literature, writing and phonics courses to small groups of students (maximum 8 per class). A Literature Teacher must be familiar with all aspects of the Élan curriculum including lesson flows and quiz schedules. Literature Teachers are also responsible for tracking their students’ growth and providing personalized and constructive student assessments. They will assign and explain homework, making sure it is completed and graded with appropriate feedback given to parents.
Élan is currently looking for experienced teachers to help grow our new centers. We want experienced teachers who can mentor new staff, contribute to teacher training and share their experience with others. Opportunities for professional development and career progression are available for those who want to be part of and help develop our team.
- Work Visa
- Arrival Support: Airport pick-up
- 10,000 RMB start-up loan for accommodation
- 3 full paid sick days
- 11 full paid holidays (plus Chinese national holidays)
- Health and accident insurance
- 1,200 RMB hotel reimbursement
- 8,000 RMB flight reimbursement
- Yearly bonus depending on yearly performance
- Orientation & pre-job Training, on-going training and academic support
- Free group activities such as team building trips, parties, Chinese culture forums, experiencing Chinese traditional holidays, etc.
- Native English speaker with BA degree or above
- 2 years teaching experience
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as being able to work independently
- Love reading and working with children
Working Hours: 5 days a week, 2 days off on weekdays
About the Company:
Élan Schools are a subsidiary organization of Bright Scholar Education Group that provide international enrichment programs as extracurricular training coursework for Chinese K-G8 local and international students. Élan’s curriculum is designed to improve students’ language skills, thinking skills, problem solving abilities and knowledge of global culture. A core feature of any Élan School is their multi-colored libraries that are organized with between 6,000-10,000 audio and regular storybooks that are arranged according to their grade equivalent reading level (GE). Inside the library, a guided reading program is utilized with the assistance of Accelerated Reader and STAR Reading software on iPads which enhance students’ learning and allow for advanced data collection. Alongside the guided reading program, Élan offers an Early Reader program that specializes in storytelling and phonics awareness. The more advanced Pre-Élan and Élan programs provide literature and writing coursework to develop students to become independent English readers and master English as a lifetime language skill. This prepares students for further study abroad and enables them to enter the best international high schools and universities.
If you are interested, please send followings to us:
- YOUR RESUME
- YOUR RECENT PHOTO
- YOUR OTHER CONTACT DETAILS（Wechat or Skype）
To apply for this job please visit jobs.echinacities.com.