HIL Liverpool is looking for motivated, qualified ESOL teachers for short-term contracts between June and August. We are an exciting new language school serving the international population in Liverpool, with a particular focus on working with refugees and asylum seekers.
Job title: ESOL Teacher
Company: HIL Liverpool
Location: 36 Windsor Street, Liverpool, L8 1XF
Job requirements: (tasks and responsibilities)
- Teach 5-20 hours per week.
- Plan and deliver effective and stimulating lessons.
- Manage classroom behaviour effectively and ensure students receive maximum benefit from lessons.
- Keep accurate and up to date registers, records of work and to write academic reports for students as required.
- Attend and participate in planning meetings.
- EFL certificate (CELTA, Cert. TESOL or equivalent).
- Undergraduate degree (or relevant experience).
- Minimum of one years’ relevant teaching experience (newly qualified teachers may be invited to gain this experience with us).
- Professional-level soft skills, such as flexibility, responsibility and communication.
- Diploma level (DELTA, Dip. TESOL or equivalent) or Masters level qualifications.
- Experience of One-to-One, Business English, academic English (EAP) or specialist courses (ESP).
- Experience of British Council inspections.
- Experience with interactive whiteboards or other blended learning tools.
Salary and Benefits
Hourly rate £12.33 p/h on a zero-hour contract