ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEACHER NEEDED IN BEAUTIFUL TORUN
Website International House Torun
Details of Position
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated teachers with EU citizenship + CELTA/CertTESOL who want to pursue teaching English as their career and are looking for teacher development. The position is for an immediate start until 30th June 2019 (with the possibility of staying on for the 2019/20 academic year). International House Torun has an excellent reputation for its continuous professional development that it offers its teachers. Come and be part of our team!
If you are looking to develop as a teacher, then IH Torun is the school to work at. We offer teacher development sessions once a week as well as weekly free basic conversational Polish lessons with a qualified Polish teacher. You will be teaching up to 25 hrs of English (25 x 45 mins) each week in a fun, friendly and supportive school. Your classes will include a mixture of Young Learners (7-10) as well as teenagers (13-17) and adult 1-1 students at A2.1, A2.2, B1.1 and B2.1 CEFR levels. Once a week you may also have a class of near native speaker children (shared with another experienced teacher). You may also teach a class of FCE teenagers.
Your classes take place in our main school from 15:45 to 21:00, Monday to Thursday. There is no weekend teaching, though on some Saturdays (no more than 4 a year) you’ll be involved in some social events.
We welcome enthusiastic teachers who have some experience, though newly-qualified will also be considered.
Torun is a great place to live and work; certainly it’s a home away from home! IH Torun is a small school but is very well-known within the ELT community for its great focus on teacher development. 2018 is a very special year for us as we are cuurently celebrating our 25th anniversary.
Every year, we organise the IH Torun Teacher Training Day which has had some big name ELT presenters in the past such as Adrian Underhill, Hugh Dellar, John Hughes and Marjorie Rosenberg. We also offer extensive CPD opportunities. If you think teaching English is your career and you want to progress and improve, then this is definitely the school for you.
We require a teacher for an immediate start. The contract ends on 30th June 2019.
DUE TO VISA ISSUES, WE CAN ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM EU CITIZENS.
Preferred qualifications: Cambridge CELTA, Trinity CertTESOL.
CELTA, or Trinity TESOL is absolutely essential (with a minimum of 6 hours of observed teaching and 120 hours of input). AN ONLINE TEFL COURSE ON ITS OWN, IS NOT SUFFICIENT.
Mastery of English at CEFR level C2/IELTS band 9 or above. Experience of teaching Young Learners and Teenagers is an advantage.
Salary and Benefits
The base salary starts at 1650PLN a month (going up to 1925PLN a month) depending on experience working for other schools within the International House World Organisation. The package includes free accommodation in a shared, return flights (from within Europe) and weekly basic conversational Polish classes.
Accommodation is provided in a single room in a shared flat (shared with one other teacher). The flat is a 20 mins walk away from the school. All flats are modern and fully-furnished.
We cover return flights from within Europe with a low-cost airline. The one way inbound flight is reimbursed at the start of the contract and the outbound return flight is reimbursed at the end of the contract.
– Transport to out-of-town contracts is provided, and salary increments paid
– Outstanding INSETT programme and CPD opportunities including free entry to the annual IH Torun International Teacher Training Day which attracts big names in the world of TEFL (past presenters include Adrian Underhill, Marjorie Rosenberg, Hugh Dellar and John Hughes. Teachers also attend an annual teacher training day at our sister school (IH Bydgoszcz) in November
– Chance to present and lead your own sessions during the INSETT prorgamme
– Chance to present during the annual IH Online Teachers Conference (beamed around the world)
– Basic Polish lessons with a qualified Polish language teacher are provided once a week
– All EU citizens are eligible for free national healthcare under the Polish health system. Teachers MUST bring a valid European Health Card with them. The cost of medication and dental care are not covered
– Shared accommodation in single bedrooms in a local, fully-furnished flat.
– Return flights from within Europe. The one way ticket is reimbursed at the start of the contract and again at the end of the contract
– All teachers returning to IH Torun receive a monthly increment of 10% on top of their basic salary
To apply for this job please visit www.torun.inthouse.pl.