6-Months EFL Teaching in Beijing
Teach English to Adult Learners in China (all inclusive: Visa, Housing, Flights & City Break)
Teach English to Adult Learners in China (all inclusive: Visa, Housing, Flights & City Break to HK/Korea)
Opportunity Code: MT-PEK-19
Age range of students: 16+
What courses are the teacher(s) expected to teach? General English, English Conversation, IELTS, Business English
Roxinford Education Group is looking for CELTA/DELTA qualified teachers (or equivalent) to participate in the GT Academic Exchange programme to China. With this exchange programme, EFL teachers will be able to experience and explore Chinese culture and places of interest while knowing that they will be well looked after by professional local staff from Roxinford Education Group.
Teaching English as a visiting lecturer in one of our specially-selected partner schools in China. Free weekend trip (flight and hotel paid) to Hong Kong or Korea for exchanges longer than 3 months.
Basic pay guaranteed with free accommodation, return flights from the UK to China, visa fee fully covered with a free weekend trip (flight and hotel paid) to Hong Kong/Korea for exchanges longer than 3 months.
Newly CELTA/TESOL Qualified EFL teachers are welcome to apply! No minimum teaching experience with full induction provided upon arrival in China including local information and teaching induction.
No document notarization is required. Straightforward visa application with full visa support from our UK based team. You will only need to submit your passport and passport sized photo to complete the China visa application.
Due to the local China visa requirement, we can only accept UK passport holders for this academic exchange programme. *Other teaching opportunities in London and Italy are available upon completion of this programme.
You will be paid by Roxinford Education Group, not only that, but the teacher’s exchange visa, flight and accommodation will all be arranged and paid for by us! There really is nothing to lose and a wealth of experience to gain.
Next available start dates – 6 months programme:
- w/b 08 May 2019
- w/b 24 May 2019
- w/b 06 July 2019
Free City Break (flight and hotel paid) to Hong Kong or Korea for exchanges longer than 3 months.
What other teachers say about their experience in China
Direct of Studies from KKCL (UK) and Meten (China) schools discuss about the exchange programme
Feedback from teachers who participated in our exchange programme in China
TEACHER’S HOURS OF WORK, SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Guarantee basic pay: starting from £1140.00 to £1556.00 per month plus free accommodation. To work 5 days a week with 2 days off, office hours and work schedules may differ from school to school, total working hours is 40 hours per week excluding breaks, of which 24 hours are usually designated teaching hours. Office based class preparation required, 30 minutes for every 1 hour of teaching.
- Any additional teaching hours in excess of your basic hours above will be paid at the standard teaching contact hourly rate (£10 to £14 per teaching contact hour). Prep time is unpaid unless specified otherwise.
- Any additional non-teaching hours are at £8 per admin hour – only paid when authorised by the partner school for duties such as invigilating exams, helping with placement tests, peer observation, attending INSETT, formal teacher meetings and observation feedback meeting.
- Free City Break (flight and 2 nights hotel paid) to Hong Kong, Korea or a close by destination for exchanges longer than 3 months.
- Part of teacher’s pay can be made in local currency.
- Accommodation in China arranged and paid for by Roxinford Education Group (2 to 3 bedrooms shared apartments – one teacher per room, self-catering, electricity & water bills not included – around £50 for every 3 months).
- International flight to China arranged and paid for by Roxinford Education Group (deposit required).
China airport transfer arranged and paid for by Roxinford Education Group.
- China exchange visa arranged and paid for by Roxinford Education Group.
- Work with a reputable UK company. We are here to help! You will be met by our local team upon arrival at the airport. Our local team will assist you in settling in at your accommodation and you will have a free day to rest well before your induction at our partner school on the following day. A mobile handset will be provided upon arrival with pre-installed useful apps to help you settle in China, and to be returned to our local team once your contract is ended in China.
TEACHER’S MAIN DUTIES
- Teaching 24 hours of well-prepared lessons each week using the materials and syllabus of the Roxinford Education Group’s partner school. You will have a minimum of two days off per week to be scheduled by the partner centre.
- Following all reasonable directions by the partner school management team.
- Maintaining excellent class administration including careful lesson preparation and record-keeping.
- Assisting with school admin tasks if asked.
- Reporting to the teachers’ room at least twenty minutes before class.
- Writing End of Course Reports prior to the end of each student’s course if required.
- Keeping accurate attendance records and informing your manager immediately if any discrepancies exist on your class registration.
- Ensuring all students under your care follow the partner school´s rules.
- Keeping the partner school DOS up to date with any student misbehaviour, absence from lessons, or any student welfare concerns.
- Advising the partner school DOS of any level discrepancies within your group.
- Sharing best practice, useful materials and teaching experience with colleagues.
- Reporting to the Roxinford Education Group Academic Exchange Programme management team and our local staff on a regular basis.
Please note that it will be very important to respect local Chinese culture and laws during your stay. Don’t worry though – our staff will provide you with a full induction upon arrival!
- CELTA or equivalent
- An undergraduate degree
- Effective communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy
- Flexibility and sense of adventure!
- More than a years’ teaching experience
- Experience of teaching overseas
- Young Learner teaching experience and/or qualification e.g. PGCE, CERT-YL, TYLEC
- Postgraduate teaching qualification
Should we invite you for interview…
We will require two recent and relevant referees.
Any gaps in your CV will need to be explained satisfactorily.
We will ask for a one-minute self-introduction video to be shared with our partner school. Two forms of official identification and certificates (either originals or certified copies) will be required for our records.
Roxinford Education Group is committed to safer recruitment. You will be required to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service check, or equivalent if living outside the UK. You will also be asked to sign the Children’s Act 1989 Declaration safeguarding the welfare of children, and state that there is no reason you cannot work with children or vulnerable adults.
Roxinford Education Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We have a comprehensive Child Protection Policy as well as procedures in place which all employees, volunteers and contractors will be expected to adhere to.Salary: Starting from £1140.00 to £1556.00 per month plus free housing
To apply for this job please visit www.kkcl.org.uk.