Residential Activity Leader at KKCL Harrow School
KKCL has been offering quality English classes to adults, juniors and businesses since 2002.
Details of Position:
The Residential Activity Leaders will support the House Master and House Parent in the delivery of the activities programme at the prestigious Harrow School boarding house this summer. Planning and leading fun activities they will work as a team to ensure the students are safe and enjoying themselves during their unique summer school experience.
The students will be aged 12-17, with up to 60 beds booked for KKCL students per week. There will be evening activities running every evening and the Residential Activity Leaders will ensure these go off smoothly and are appealing to the different age ranges and nationalities in the programme.
During our most recent British Council inspection (2015) strengths were noted in the areas of course design, teaching, care of under 18s, leisure opportunities, care of students and student administration and our Residential Activity Leaders play a key role in the pastoral and leisure opportunities side to summer school.
– Preparing and supervising a range of activities organised by KKCL
– Preparing and supervising various evening activities
– Promoting all activities and events effectively including on our social media
– Ensure that the students are safe at all times
– Assisting the Activity Department (based at St Dominic’s) when needed
– Supervising students at break and meal times
– Assisting in opening and closing down the centre
– Airport transfer assistance for students
– Pastoral duties including morning roll call and night duty at the residence on a rota basis with other residential staff
We offer you:
– An unforgettable experience in a young and dynamic atmosphere
– An international working environment
– Free entrance for all activities and excursions
Our opening dates are:
Saturday 11th July – Wednesday 12th August 2020
HOURS OF WORK
48 hours over 6 days per week
• Enthusiastic, organised and a natural leader.
• Keen interest in sport, culture, sightseeing.
• Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
• Able to motivate and encourage large groups of teenagers.
• Capable of using your own initiative.
• Responsible and flexible.
• Have the right to live and work in the country of employment.
• Complete fluency in English.
• Attend training prior to starting work.
– Undertaking or completed an undergraduate degree
– Experience in holiday camps or in similar structures
– First-aid certificate, qualification in child supervision, swimming certificate, etc.
Salary and Benefits
Age 18 to 20: £280.00 per week (inclusive of holiday pay)
Age 21 to 24: £305.00 per week (inclusive of holiday pay)
Age 25+: £330.00 per week (inclusive of holiday pay)
+£10.00 per week for valid first aid certificate holder
Food and accommodation included
We will pay for your DBS application
We cannot offer work permits to candidates who are not eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
Should you be successful…
We will require the details of two recent and relevant referees who we will contact.
Any gaps in your CV will be enquired about, and must be explained satisfactorily.
KKCL is committed to safer recruitment so you will be required to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service check (previously called a Criminal Records Bureau check), or equivalent if living outside the UK, and you will be asked to sign the Childrens Act 1989 declaration safeguarding the welfare of children, and state that you have no known reason why you cannot work with children.
2 types of official identification and certificates (either originals or certified copies) will be required for our records.
KKCL is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We have a comprehensive Child Protection Policy and procedures in place which all employees, volunteers and contractors are expected to adhere to.
Salary: From £280.00 to £330.00 per week
To apply for this job please visit www.kkcl.org.uk.