12-Months EFL Teaching in Shenzhen
Teach English to Young Learners in China (all inclusive: Visa, Housing, Flights & City Break)
Teaching English as Young Learner Teacher in one of our specially-selected partner centres in Shenzhen (modern metropolitan city that links Hong Kong and Macau to China’s mainland). Guaranteed pay with free housing & full visa support. Recent graduates and newly qualified teachers are welcome to apply. Experience and explore Chinese culture and teaching, while being looked after by local staff from an accredited UK school. There really is nothing to lose and a wealth of experience to gain.
Next available start dates:
> 20 May 2019
> 03 June 2019
> 01 July 2019 (on-going)
RISE was established in 2007, providing a dynamic American K-12 curriculum based on rigid guidelines, while offering interactive multimedia to students both inside and outside the classroom. They believe that a child’s development should be a dynamic and interactive process. Learning a language is one of the ways through which culture affects a child development – each student not only has the opportunity to study in a fun and immersive English environment, stimulating their interest in learning; the School also focuses on the logic, cultural nuances, and thinking methods behind the language. Their project based learning syllabus emphasises the need to cultivate a child’s leadership skills, including teamwork, presentation, project management, problem solving, and creativity. It is their teaching philosophy to engage and motivate students to learn English through non-traditional ESL methods. With their outstanding learning products for young learners, RISE has become one of the most well-known household names in the English Language learning industry in China.
Roxinford Education Group is looking for TEFL qualified teachers (or equivalent) to join the teaching team of our partner’s school in China. ESL teachers will be able to experience and explore Chinese culture and places of interest while knowing that they will be well looked after by professional local staff from Roxinford Education Group.
TEACHER’S HOURS OF WORK, SALARY AND BENEFITS
● Guaranteed monthly pay: starting from 12,500 CNY to 15,000 CNY per month plus free accommodation based on qualification and teaching experience. To work 5 days a week with 2 days off, office hours and work schedules may differ from school to school, total working hours is 35 hours per week excluding breaks, of which 20 hours are usually designated teaching hours. Office based class preparation required, 30 minutes for every 1 hour of teaching. Prep time is unpaid unless specified otherwise.
● Accommodation in China arranged and paid for by our partner’s school (2-4 bedrooms shared apartment; with the majority of two bedrooms apartments – one teacher per room, self-catering, electricity & water bills included within a fixed monthly allowance).
● International flight to China arranged and paid for by our partner’s school (deposit required).
● China airport transfer arranged and paid for by our partner’s school.
● Sponsored China Z work visa – our UK based teams will provide full support from preparing your Z work visa to airport pickup in China, together with our local team in China (Legalisation, translation fee not included).
● Paid China national holidays.
● Work with a reputable UK company. We are here to help! You will be met by our local team upon arrival at the airport. Our local team will assist you in settling in at your accommodation and you will have a free day to rest well before your induction at our partner school on the following day.
● Full induction and Continuous Professional Development included.
● Job rotation scheme in China.
TEACHER’S MAIN DUTIES
● Teaching 20 hours of well-prepared lessons each week using the materials of the Roxinford Education Group’s partner school.
● Following all reasonable directions by the partner school management team.
● Maintaining excellent class administration including careful lesson preparation and record-keeping.
● Assisting with school admin tasks if asked.
● Writing End of Course Reports prior to the end of each student’s course if required.
● Keeping accurate attendance records and informing your manager immediately if any discrepancies exist on your class registration.
● Ensuring all students under your care follow the partner school´s rules.
● Keeping the partner school Academic Manager up to date with any student misbehaviour, absence from lessons, or any student welfare concerns.
● Advising the partner school Academic Manager of any level discrepancies within your group.
● Sharing best practice, useful materials and teaching experience with colleagues.
● Reporting to the Roxinford Education Group Academic Programme management team and our local staff on a regular basis.
Please note that it will be very important to respect local Chinese culture and laws during your stay. Don’t worry though – our staff will provide you with a full induction upon arrival!
● An undergraduate degree
● TEFL qualification or equivalent
● Passport holders from the UK, USA, Canada, Ireland, Australia or New Zealand
● Ability to obtain a Clear Disclosure and Barring Service check, or equivalent if living outside the UK
● Effective communication skills
● Great interpersonal skills especially enjoy working with young learners
● Flexibility and sense of adventure – able to live abroad for one year.
● Young Learner teaching experience and/or qualification e.g. PGCE, CERT-YL, TYLEC
● More than a years’ teaching experience
● Experience of teaching overseas
● Postgraduate teaching qualification
Should we invite you for interview…
We will require two recent and relevant referees. Any gaps in your CV will need to be explained satisfactorily. We will ask for a one-minute self-introduction video to be shared with our partner school. Two forms of official identification and certificates (either originals or certified copies) will be required for our records.
Roxinford Education Group is committed to safer recruitment. You will be required to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service check, or equivalent if living outside the UK. You will also be asked to sign the Children’s Act 1989 Declaration safeguarding the welfare of children, and state that there is no reason you cannot work with children or vulnerable adults. Roxinford Education Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We have a comprehensive Child Protection Policy as well as procedures in place which all employees, volunteers and contractors will be expected to adhere to.Salary: Salary: 12,500 CNY to 15,000 CNY per month plus free housing