LANGUAGE SCHOOL IN SPAIN SEEKS ENGLISH & FRENCH TEACHERS
MondragonLingua, a leading language school in the Basque Country, northern Spain, is looking for enthusiastic teachers to join our friendly, supportive teams in Arrasate-Mondragon and Onati. We are looking for ‘all-rounders’ who are seeking to gain experience teaching a range of classes. Arrasate and Onati are within easy reach of the Basque capitals and a 45-minute drive from the coast. Both towns are surrounded by stunning mountainous countryside which tends to attract lovers of the outdoors.
Details of Position
We have two full-time positions available: one for a full-time English teacher and one for a full-time English & French teacher
Conditions, Working Week, etc.
– An average week involves 24 hours’ teaching – children, teenagers, young adults, as well as business, general and exam classes – a bit of everything usually. You may also be involved Skype classes.
– The weekly workload varies slightly depending mainly on which intensive courses are on from week to week.
– Classes usually start at 7.30, 7.45 or 8.00. Classes often finish at around 20.00. There are of course periods of inactivity during the working day.
– Some of the lessons may be in-company, which means you have to travel from place to place. Company car available.
– The contract has a 3-month trial period. This protects both sides, employee and employer
Typically, you would have about 2 calendar weeks at Christmas (Dec. 22-Jan 6 approx.), 10 calendar days at Easter, plus one or two national holidays / saints’ days throughout the year (fiestas and puentes).
– Degree required
– Preferred qualifications: Cambridge CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL
– Proficient user of English and French, if applying for position of English & French teacher
– EU National
– clean driving licence and willingness to drive
– first-class references on request
– proof of criminal record check
– proficient typist and IT user (MS Word, MS Excel…)
– confident in public, good communication skills
– reliable, punctual, able to meet deadlines
– willing to adapt to our clients culture.
Preferable (not essential)
– basic command of Spanish
– own transport
Salary and Benefits
Details of salary at interview
– Best practice sessions are held throughout the year by our experienced team
– Help and support is always at hand
– We find shared accommodation (average monthly rent: 700 for a 3-roomed flat = 250 + bills per person).
– Possibility of renewed contract for 2019-2020.
– We pick you up from the airport eg. Bilbao and take you to your flat.