Teacher Exchange Programme to China
Teaching English as a visiting lecturer in one of our specially-selected partner schools in China.
Gallery Teachers is looking for British Council Accredited Centres and CELTA/DELTA qualified teachers to participate in the GT Academic Exchange programme to China. With this exchange programme, EFL teachers will be able to experience and explore Chinese culture and places of interest while knowing that they will be well looked after by professional local staff from Gallery Teachers.
Participating British Council Accredited Schools or independent teachers will be paid by Gallery Teachers, not only that, but the teacher’s exchange visa, flight and accommodation will all be arranged and paid for by us! There really is nothing to lose and a wealth of experience to gain.
Direct of Studies from KKCL (UK) and Meten (China) schools discuss about the exchange programme…
This is a great opportunity for UK schools to create new academic and business links in China, BC Accredited Schools can join the exchange programme by e-mailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are an independent teacher and would like to participate in this exchange programme, you can apply online through our partner school at KKCL.
What other teachers say about their experience in China…
Details of the exchange requirement is listed below:
Three to six month programmes available year-round.
TEACHER’S HOURS OF WORK, SALARY AND BENEFITS
- £10 to £16 per teaching contact hour (minimum of 24 per week).
- Any additional teaching hours in excess of your contracted teaching hours will be paid at time-and-a-quarter.
- Some school require office based class preparation, prep time is unpaid unless specified otherwise.
- £8 per admin hour – only paid when authorised by the partner school for duties such as invigilating exams, helping with placement tests, peer observation, attending INSETT, formal teacher meetings and observation feedback meeting.
- Free weekend trip (flight and hotel paid) to Hong Kong, Korea or a close by destination for exchanges longer than 3 months.
- Part of teacher’s pay can be made in local currency.
- Accommodation in China arranged and paid for by GALLERY TEACHERS.
- International flight to China arranged and paid for by GALLERY TEACHERS (deposit required).
- China airport transfer arranged and paid for by GALLERY TEACHERS.
- China exchange visa arranged and paid for by GALLERY TEACHERS.
- Work with a reputable UK company. We are here to help!
TEACHER’S MAIN DUTIES
- Teaching well-prepared lessons using the materials and syllabus of the GALLERY TEACHERS partner school. You will have minimum of two day off per week to be scheduled by the partner centre.
- Following all reasonable directions by the partner school management team.
- Maintaining excellent class administration including careful lesson preparation and record-keeping.
- Assisting with school admin tasks if asked.
- Reporting to the teachers’ room at least twenty minutes before class.
- Writing End of Course Reports prior to the end of each student’s course if required.
- Keeping accurate attendance records and informing your manager immediately if any discrepancies exist on your class register.
- Ensuring all students under your care follow the partner school´s rules.
- Keeping the partner school DOS up to date with any student misbehaviour, absence from lessons, or any student welfare concerns.
- Advising the partner school DOS of any level discrepancies within your group.
- Sharing best practice, useful materials and teaching experience with colleagues.
- Reporting to the GALLERY TEACHERS Academic Exchange Programme management team and our local staff on a regular basis.
Please note that it will be very important to respect local Chinese culture and laws during your stay. Don’t worry though – our staff will provide you with a full induction upon arrival!
Check out what our teachers say about teaching in China in the video below!
- An undergraduate degree
- CELTA or equivalent
- Effective communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy
- Flexibility and sense of adventure!
- More than a years’ teaching experience
- Experience of teaching overseas
- Young Learner teaching experience and/or qualification e.g. PGCE, CERT-YL, TYLEC
- Postgraduate teaching qualification
Should we invite you for interview…
We will require two recent and relevant referees.
Any gaps in your CV will need to be explained satisfactorily.
We will ask for a one-minute self-introduction video to be shared with our partner school.
We will require a £300 deposit from participating teachers; this is returned to you upon completion of the exchange programme. If, for some reason, you decide to terminate the work contract early we may use this deposit to cover part of your visa and flight expenses.
Two forms of official identification and certificates (either originals or certified copies) will be required for our records.
GALLERY TEACHERS is committed to safer recruitment. You will be required to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service check, or equivalent if living outside the UK. You will also be asked to sign the Children’s Act 1989 Declaration safeguarding the welfare of children, and state that there is no reason you cannot work with children or vulnerable adults.
GALLERY TEACHERS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We have a comprehensive Child Protection Policy as well as procedures in place which all employees, volunteers and contractors will be expected to adhere to.