The best websites to take an online degree
The concept of traditional education has evolved over the years and is still in the process. The flexibility of online learning is ideal for those seeking a change in their career. Many respected Universities offer online degrees, and hence most employers accept them.
The course for an online degree provides more individual attention; hence the student can give their complete focus. Getting a degree through online courses has financial benefits as well.
Is an online degree a real degree?
Yes, online degrees are real degrees. Employers accept most online degrees. Many HR leaders think an online degree is of equal value or greater value than traditional degrees. It has been believed that most of the advanced degrees will be completely online. Many job applicants were hired based on their online degrees.
The online programs involve the same level of work as needed on the campus. The qualification gained is of equal worth. Online degrees allow professionals to continue their services in their field while developing their knowledge and skill at the same time. Therefore we can say that an online degree is a real degree.
The best Online Degree Platforms You Should Check
Coursera is an online learning platform that offers special-paced guided projects and on-demand courses on various subjects. Coursera partners with various universities and companies, which includes Amazon Web Services, Google, and IBM, to provide the courses. Users can earn digital certificates to share with their Linkedin networks.
Besides completing their courses, the user can receive professional certificates and bachelors or master’s degrees through Coursera. The platform offers more than 7000 courses, more than 450 specializations, more than 440 projects, more than 30 certificates, and 20 degrees. The users can access materials from 1600 free Coursera courses and pay for the certificates when they are completed. Coursera also offers Coursera for Government and Coursera for Campus plans.
- The price for certificates starts from $49.
- Guided projects, including certificates on completion, cost around $9.99.
- Specializations and professional certificates start from $49 per month.
- Prices for MasterTrack certificates are around $2000.
Some of the top and free courses provided by Coursera are:
- The Science of Well-being. Yale University is the provider of this course, and it is free. After completing the course, $49 is needed to receive the certificate.
- Python for Everybody Specialization. The University of Michigan provides the degree. After the free trial cost is over, $49 is needed.
- Machine Learning. Stanford University provides this degree. After completion of the course, $79 is needed to receive a certificate.
- Financial Markets. Yale University offers this course, and after completing it, $49 is needed to receive the certificate.
Hence, these were some degree courses, universities, and fees Coursera provides its users.
Edx focuses on the transformation of the world through education. The mission of this platform is to increase access to high-quality education for everyone in this world. The platform also aims to enhance teaching and learning on campus and online along with advance teaching and learning through research.
Edx offers around 3,600 courses from top schools and institutions and optional paid certificates. The free classes are sourced from top universities and institutions like Havard, MIT, Microsoft, and IBM.
- Edx also provides programs made of multiple related courses, professional certificates, and online master’s degree programs.
- MicroBachelors and MicroMasters, which are on-campus programs, are offered at a discounted rate.
- To take a verified certificate version of the class, students must pay a low-ranging fee from $50 to $100. This includes certificate, graded homework during the course, and unlimited course access.
- The Havard’s CS50 Introductory Computer Science course is free, but to take a verified certificate, it costs $90.
Some popular courses offered by Edx are:
- Entrepreneurship in Emerging Economies. The course is free of cost, but $199 is needed to receive a certificate. HarvardX is the provider of this course.
- Harvard offers a justice course, and it takes $99 to receive a certificate.
- Probability- the Science of Uncertainty and Data is offered by MITx and requires a payment of $300 to receive a certificate.
- To receive a certificate in Introduction to Python Programming, which GTx provides, the total cost involves $396.
- IBM offers Python Data Science, and it costs $255 to receive a certificate.
These were some degrees and courses and the price needed to receive some certificates by Edx. Consider Edx on third-party websites before enrolling.
Simplilearn is the world’s number 1 online Bootcamp. This platform has partnerships with leading universities and companies like IBM, Microsoft, AWS, Caltech, Warton, and many more. The online boot camp provides the user with an immersive learning experience. The platform offers some of the best industry PGPs, Masters, and Live Training. The user can learn at a relaxed pace. One can:
- Develop skills for career growth. The curriculum is designed in such a way that it provides job-ready skills.
- One can learn by working on real-world problems.
- Mentors and the community provide 24*7 learning support to clear conceptual doubts.
Some of the courses offered are:
- AL for decision making: Business Strategy and Applications. The University of Pennsylvania offers this course.
- SP Jain School of Global Management offers professional Certification in Product Management.
- Professional Certificate in Digital Marketing offered by Institute of Management Technology.
- Master of Business administration provided by International University of Applied Sciences.
- Post Graduate Program in Cloud Computing provided by Caltech and Post Graduate Program in Data Science offered by Purdue University.
Some courses and certificates provided by the platform are:
- The platform also offers AWS training courses and charges 190$ for self-paced learning and 230$ for online Bootcamp.
- The PMP certification training course is offered at 150$ for online Bootcamp.
- Certified Ethical Hacking Course is offered at 530$ for online Bootcamp.
- The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification Course is provided at 110$ for self-paced learning and 150$ for online Bootcamp.
4). Udacity – Nano Degree
Udacity is one of the most flexible online education platforms for learning job-focused skills in the Tech and Business sectors. The platform partners with leading tech companies and Institutions like Google, Amazon, IBM, and Facebook. The platform develops courses and degree platforms. Udacity is used for due to following reasons:
- The platform provides top-class content.
- Udacity has the strongest line-up of Tech courses.
- Expert industry professionals deliver programs.
- The platform has an easy-to-use interface and exceptional mentor support.
- The platform also offers active student discussion forums and career support services.
Nano degrees are the core course of Udacity. They are online certificate programs that offer a specific job focussed skill to the learners. Nano degree programs are time-effective for gaining practical, real-world knowledge and skills. The platform is like a boot camp, but the costs are less. You can find the best path by exploring schools or career goals. One can also learn Al, Ml, and Deep learning and kick-start a career in Al Domain.
- Nanodegree courses are priced at $399 per month and take somewhere between 3 to 6 months.
- Digital Marketing Nano degree costs around $1,017 to $399 per month.
- The product manager nano degree costs $1,596 to $399 per month.
- C++ developer nanodegree costs nearly $1,596 to $399 per month.
Some free Udacity courses are:
- Intro to Data Science
- Data Analysis and Visualization
- Al Fundamentals
- Aws Machine learning foundation courses
- AloT Foundations
- Intro to Inferential Statistics
- Do online degrees have value?
Yes, online degrees have value. The reputation of online degrees has degraded. However, online instructions, online degrees, and online distance learning offer a flexible and creative way to complete your education.
- Can you get a job with an online degree?
Yes, online degree can get you a job. The DEC-approved programs lead to nice job placement, just like a traditional degree. With the right online degree, graduates can do far better than getting a job.
- Is online college hard?
Online college is as hard as traditional college courses. Online college can be hard for those with poor time management and a lack of motivation. Students bear the same responsibility as traditional college courses.
- Is online college cheaper?
Yes, online colleges are cheaper than traditional Universities as there are fewer expenses to incur, and they offer cheaper tuition rates.
These were some of the best websites for an online degree. An online degree has equal worth as a traditional degree. The same effort is required in both methods of learning. An online degree is time-efficient as it saves time by cutting the travel time.
Online courses offer you lifelong learning. You will develop skills to find information and give any answer that comes on your way. You will be more self-disciplined after online courses. If you are hesitating in getting an online degree, go further. It will be your best decision.