Home Forums ELT Workshops Planning and Delivering a Masterclass Series Workshop

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Leon
      Keymaster

Gallery Teachers has been running ELT (English Language Teaching) workshops and events in many countries around the world. More recently, we have shifted our focus to initial online training and CPD workshops. We are working with the best minds from the ELT industry, to bring highly valuable training and knowledge to our members.

The Gallery Teachers Masterclass Series aims to produce high-quality online workshops and live sessions that will not only benefit the TEFL community but also all the TEFL teachers out there.

Do you find it easy to use RingCentral Meeting? Share your thoughts about the app and ask any questions that you may have.

Janice C.
      Keymaster

RingCentral basically looks the same as Zoom. It’s very user friendly. =D

Gabriel EA Clark
      Participant

This was very useful, thanks!

Just one question: How do I access the “pre-recorded” session?

Best,

Gabriel

Janice C.
        Keymaster

Hello Gabriel, for this workshop, the pre-recorded session is the 5-minute video of how to use RingCentral Meeting. The rest of the information will be delivered live at 2pm during the live session.

Sheila Corwin
      Participant

Great! Thanks. Do we need a special password to join the meeting at 2pm today?

Janice C.
        Keymaster

Hello Sheila, you do not need a password to join today’s meeting. Just need to enter the Meeting ID, and you will then be admitted to the meeting.

Olga Stolbova
      Participant

Great! Thank you! My question is: can a co-host assign participants to the breakout rooms and move them from one room to another?

Sheila Corwin
      Participant

Hi Janice. I don’t think I ever received the meeting ID. Can you send it to me or provide it here?

Alexandra

Hi Sheila, 15 minutes before the webinar, please go to Step 3 of this page: “Join the Live Workshop” and click on “Join now”.

Sheila Corwin
      Participant

The date below is February 22nd.

Sheila Corwin
      Participant

Hello Janice, unfortunately I missed the first 30 minutes of the meeting today due to problems with my Safari browser not being able to support RingCentral. Can you send me a link to today’s recording?

Janice C.
        Keymaster

Hello Sheila, not to worry. Our production team is working on the post-editing. It will become available on the workshop by Wednesday. In the meantime, I have emailed you a link to the original recording so you can have a look before our call tomorrow. Speak soon! =D

Gabriel EA Clark
      Participant

Thanks so much for the webinar today. It was really helpful and nice to meet everyone (Hi again everyone!)

I had a few more questions, but didn’t want to hog the soundwaves, so here they are:

1. Will we get the chance to attend/view each other’s workshops?
      2. Do we know how big our groups of trainees will be?
      3. You mentioned a light for the laptop camera. It looked nice! Can you remember what it’s called?
      4. Are we going to be doing just the one workshop?

Thanks again and looking forward to moving forward with this!

Janice C.
        Keymaster

Hello Gabriel, we are very glad that you found the session to be useful.

To answer your questions,
        1. Will we get the chance to attend/view each other’s workshops?
        > Yes, with your PRO membership (which will be set up for you as GT Trainer) you will be able to view and join all the workshops that will be available on our website. The first live session will be on Tuesday 9 Feb 2021. My colleague will assign the PRO membership to each GT trainer this week.

2. Do we know how big our groups of trainees will be?
        > For this project, we are working in batches of 10. We are inviting each trainer to join the Gallery Teachers group for ELT trainers where you will be able to communicate with other trainers under this project.

3. You mentioned a light for the laptop camera. It looked nice! Can you remember what it’s called?
        > Here if the link to amazon:
        Diyife Ring Light, [Newest Version] Rechargeable Selfie Ring Light, 3-Level Brightness Adjustment Clip-On 36 Highlight LED for Webcast and Applying Make Up for Any Cellphone Smartphone
        Learn more: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BML3WG3/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_I8ZdGb9A58B87?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

4. Are we going to be doing just the one workshop?
        > There will be opportunities to do more than one workshop. At the moment, we are scheduling the first round of the workshop. As soon as the first round of all settled, we will be moving on to the next round.

Hope it helps =D

lhoussine qasserras
          Participant

Hello,
          Thanks it is very helpful.
          My question is: Can I use the white board to explain or write some points while the workshop is going on?

Janice C.
          Keymaster

Hello, with RingCentral meeting, you can select the whiteboard to share on the screen. If you want to write or draw on the slide, you can actually use the “Annotate” function (pen icon) from the Share menu bar.

Hope it helps!

Nicky Partridge
      Participant

Great to see the members of the team today! Thank you for the training, I would be interested in the link for the small light that Janice mentioned.

Very much looking forward to starting the sessions.

Good luck everyone!

Rachel Rowland
      Participant

It was great to meet everyone on Friday! I can’t wait to start the sessions. Good luck to you all!

Janice C.
      Keymaster

Hello everyone,

Here are the two items that I mentioned during the live session on Friday:

Diyife Ring Light, [Newest Version] Rechargeable Selfie Ring Light, 3-Level Brightness Adjustment Clip-On 36 Highlight LED for Webcast and Applying Make Up for Any Cellphone Smartphone
      Learn more: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BML3WG3/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_I8ZdGb9A58B87?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Professional Best Small Mini Lavalier Lapel Lav Condenser Microphone Noise Cancelling Mic
      by AUFGELD-UK
      Learn more: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B079JFDZ3H/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_v7YdGb1SJ079P?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I’d also recommend to try out CANVA when preparing your presentation slide. A quick and easy way to create your slides. CANVA is one of our favorite graphic design tools for non-designers. The slides just look amazing and are super easy to use. The free account should have enough templates for you to play around with for your presentation.
      https://www.canva.com/

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.