Home Forums GT TEFL Certification Course Reflection – Language Awareness & Grammar

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Janice C.
      Keymaster

Now, that you have a better understanding of the English grammar, we wonder what you think might be difficult for you when teaching grammar in the classroom.

You do not need to write an essay, just some thoughts on what you have learned. You can use bullet points.

Remember to read at least two other postings and choose one of these to post a response to one of them.

Renata Markova
      Participant

.some students find learning grammar hard, they struggle to understand the rules, they usually find themselves not gifted for learning a language
      .lack of students motivation, especially adult learners- company language courses
      . lack of students preparation for their lessons

Hedvig Ilyes

Thank you for the specific examples, Renata. These are all real reasons that can cause difficulty when teaching grammar and ones teachers often face. We have some solutions provided to overcome challenges like the ones you mentioned in our online TEFL course.

Renata Markova
      Participant

Thank you for your point of view

uzma.khan
      Participant

This course covered all the basic point which we can easily demonstrate while teaching to our learners.As well as our revision of work is concern , i really enjoyed working with this site and it refreshed my knowledge thankyou for your support.

Hedvig Ilyes

It is great that you found the course useful. Thank you for your feedback, Uzma. 🙂

yewande.olusore
      Participant

I am new to this site. My love for children and teaching made me enrol for the course. I find the course very impactful. It has helped refresh my knowledge of English Grammar.

Hedvig Ilyes

It’s great that you found the course useful, Yewande. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

marine.serobyan
      Participant

This course taught me the main structure of English grammar which will help me to plan my grammar lessons .

Hedvig Ilyes

We are glad to hear you found the Language Awareness and Grammar module useful. Thank you for your feedback, Marine.

cristiane.ribeiro
        Participant

Yes, me too. I loved it!

cristiane.ribeiro
      Participant

I believe it all depends on the class, how to plan the lesson, and how to approach matters easily. There are many rules, and this seems boring. The difference is to make the subject more interesting.

Hedvig Ilyes

Thank you for your opinion and being so active on the forum, Christiane. I really like you pointing out the importance of making teaching/learning grammar interesting.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.