Home Forums GT TEFL Certification Course Topic – Can grammar be fun?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Janice C.
      Keymaster

What is your experience of learning grammar? Do you believe it can be interactive, communicative and even fun?

Share your thought with other people by posting them in the discussion thread below.

mct_13
      Participant

Yes if you have the correct resources and lots of activities.

Diana Varga
      Participant

Yes. Who doesn’t like having fun? 🙂

adihedi

Fun with a clear purpose. 😊

silvanadeca
      Participant

It can although often ‘fun’ lessons take so long to prepare that teachers tend not to bother.
      Also, let’s not forget that we can get enjoyment and satisfaction from learning something new, ‘getting it’ or even finishing a task correctly. Not everything needs all the bells and whistles.

adihedi

I agree and believe that the simplest is the greatest.

valentinakarpeiko
        Participant

Yes, I agree with you. And I like your words that “Not everything needs all the bells and whistles”.

valentinakarpeiko
      Participant

I’m sure that grammar can be interactive, communicative and even fun. Different songs with grammar structures, grammatical or communicative games can help to make the process of learning or teaching grammar interesting and amusing. We can practice grammar in different plays or role-plays…. Without doubt, such lessons need a lot of preparation.

irynaroubel
        Participant

Totally agree. All the activities you have mentioned can make teaching grammar fun and engaging.

irynaroubel
      Participant

Grammar can be fun but it takes a lot of time and efforts from the teacher. It is very important to use different types of activities while teaching grammar, otherwise students can become bored doing the same things over and over again.

adihedi

Variety is really important.
        Being familiar with various ways of structuring our lesson when designing a grammmar lesson, which one can learn about in our TEFL course, will help to narrow down what and how to do, making our preparation faster and quicker.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.