We are recruiting for Forum Moderators!
14th September 2020 at 10:50 pm #276976LeonKeymasterMembership Points: 10,949 MP
Do you want to contribute to the English Language Teaching (ELT) industry and shape the community together with Gallery Teachers?
Then send us your application today and join us as a Forum Moderator!
As a Moderator, you will be more than just a EFL teacher; you will become a respected figure of the EFL community. You will also help support your fellow teachers to improve their teaching skills. Join the team – We’re looking for highly motivated individuals to contribute to forum management and encourage positive discussions and activities. This is a great opportunity to earn additional GT membership points! The more active you are, the more rewards you will be able to gain from helping others!
- You are over the age of 21
- You are knowledgeable about ELT and can provide tips to other teachers about teaching English and you like to lend a helping hand.
- You like playing the role of moderator and are diplomatic and fair
- You are good with computers and maybe even know a little bit of HTML
- You’re online at least once a day
- You are fluent in both written and spoken English
- You are responsible, professional and are resilient to critique
- You are a team-oriented individual who puts an emphasis on loyalty and exercises complete discretion
Past experience as a moderator in other forums or chats is an added bonus, but is not a requirement. All are welcome to apply.
Here’s a run-down of the duties that awaits you:
- You enforce the rules.
- You read and respond to almost all messages.
- You’re the external representative for the team.
- You provide the users with help and advice.
- You play an active part in developing new ideas
- You moderate to the best of your ability and knowledge.
- You communicate as often as possible with the Mod team if guidance is required.
How can you apply?
In order for us to get a better picture of you, we’d be more than happy to receive an email from you with the following information:
- What’s your name?
- How long have you been in the ELT industry?
- Which country are you from?
- In general, what times are you usually online?
- What is your motivation to become a moderator?
So, did we spark your interest? Then send us your application today!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.