What has Second Language Acquisition Research ever done for us?
- 9th August 2022 at 1:24 pm #370637Jessica FanParticipant
Have a quick think about the reflective questions below in order to get the most out of the workshop:
1. Do you subscribe to any peer-reviewed professional journals?
2. How much influence on your everyday teaching does SLA research have?
3. Do you feel that our profession (ELT) has advanced since you started teaching?
- 25th August 2022 at 10:06 pm #371874MeenzParticipant
I find much of SLA research insightful and useful but I find it difficult to put the findings into practice
- 26th August 2022 at 5:36 am #371935payal.waliaParticipant
I have not subscribed to any peer-reviewed profeesional journals.
SLA resaerch influence my everyday teaching. Now I am able to understand on what areas I have to focus on teaching English language to my students. what are other teaching theories and stratregies we can apply in our classrooms and one imortant thing that I have learnt from SLA resaerch is how the muticulturalism is the tool not a obstacle for our classroom.
- 28th August 2022 at 3:01 pm #372290ko ko.sanParticipant
I think SLA will be useful for my classroom
- 29th August 2022 at 12:49 pm #372421mtsParticipant
1.Do you subscribe to any peer-reviewed professional journals? – no.
2. How much influence on your everyday teaching does SLA research have? – some.
3. Do you feel that our profession (ELT) has advanced since you started teaching? – “morphed” as opposed to advanced.
What has Second Language Acquisition research ever done for us?
Possibly, hHighlighted the constant metamorphosis of human psychology and the psychological/technical tools that a Language Learner may use in present day, from which an instructer may teach in a manner that facilicates the learner’s ability to use those tools.
- 31st August 2022 at 7:46 am #372690shahlina.iqbalParticipant
1. Do you subscribe to any peer-reviewed professional journals? No
2. How much influence on your everyday teaching does SLA research have? just started experimenting
3. Do you feel that our profession (ELT) has advanced since you started teaching? Yes
- 1st September 2022 at 12:48 am #372790Ronalyn Bello ValenzuelaParticipant
I am a preschool teacher, which I believe is the foundation of all languages.
So as a teacher I want to learn more about Second Language Acquisition research can contribute to my teaching styles.
In addition, I also do reading tutorials.
Through reading and learning about others research I can adopt the good results and apply recommendationsns
- 7th September 2022 at 10:04 am #374136AlfredParticipant
I’ve not subscribed yet to any peer-reviewed professional journals. And as of now, I am not teaching yet. I am a fresh graduate of education major in English. I’m expecting to learn more on this lecture, learn theories and methods to teach English effectively.
- 8th September 2022 at 2:44 pm #374387mj.pujol.twinamParticipant
1.- I have participated in various EFL teaching forums in the past
2.- Research and findings are of capital importance and those findings influence our teaching and contribute to a better understanding on how to implement good quality teaching.
3.-Personally, I think there has been tremendous improvement since I started teaching many, many years ago. Technology, the constant ongoing research in ELT paired with the interest and enthusiasm of professionals has made it possible.
- 9th September 2022 at 2:41 am #374445eric julius.leyParticipant
Second Language Acquisition (SLA) research has done a lot in the field of applied linguistics and the teaching profession. As a language teacher, I personally think that the efforts of researchers in this field should not remain in journals, for the pedagogical implications they carry should materialize and be realized in the classroom.
- 9th September 2022 at 3:56 am #374453andrea noemie.hilomenParticipant
I learned a lot from the workshop. Though theories about Second Language Acquisition might not affect our daily activities as teachers, Second Language Acquisition research can help us teachers to understand how language learners acquire a foreign language. Therefore, teachers will be able to conduct and provide good quality language lessons. I am looking forward to attending workshops like this. Thank you.
- 10th September 2022 at 7:36 pm #374669dafina.angeleska-lozanovskaParticipant
I’ve been an EFL teacher for 15 years and I have taken part in a number of workshops about SLA and ELt .
As modern teachers we should thrive to introduce innovative teaching methods
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.