Welcome, if you are new to Gallery Teachers, you can choose to join a free masterclass or speaking club session.
Let’s talk about meeting new people and handshake etiquette
March 29 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm BST
| Starting at your local not detected: Your time zone couldn't be detected. Try reloading the page.
Discussion TopicsMeeting new people
- What are some strategies for meeting new people in different social or professional settings, and how can you make a positive first impression?
- How important is handshake etiquette when meeting someone for the first time, and what are some do’s and don’ts to keep in mind?
- How has the COVID-19 pandemic impacted traditional handshake greetings, and what alternative greetings can be used in different contexts?
- What cultural differences exist regarding handshake etiquette, and how can you navigate these differences in international or multicultural settings?
- What are some strategies for overcoming nervousness or anxiety when meeting new people, especially in high-pressure situations like job interviews or networking events?
- How can active listening skills be used to build rapport and establish a connection when meeting new people?
- What are some common mistakes people make when meeting new people, and how can they be avoided?
- How can nonverbal communication, such as facial expressions and body language, impact first impressions when meeting new people?
- How can technology, such as social media or virtual meeting platforms, be used to make introductions and connect with new people?
- How can networking events or social gatherings be used as opportunities to expand one’s social or professional network, and what are some strategies for making meaningful connections?
Remember to check out the rules and instruction page before joining your first speaking club session.
⚠️ Fair useage policy apply, messages are logged to train our AI tutor and and improve our services. Remember AI isn't perfect!