Welcome, if you are new to Gallery Teachers, you can choose to join a free masterclass or speaking club session.
Let’s talk about the art of listening
March 22 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm GMT
| Starting at your local Europe/London time: 3:00 pm GMT
What is active listening?
- What is active listening? How is it different from just listening? Is active listening easy or difficult? Is listening easy or difficult?
- What are the tips for active listening shared in the video? Do you agree with all of them?
- Are you a good listener? Are you a good active listener? How do you know? Have you always been like that?
- Have you ever been in a situation where it was difficult for you to be an active listener, or a listener for that matter? Why was it difficult?
- What do you do when you are not interested in continuing a conversation, or just listening, but the speaker doesn’t want to stop speaking? ;=)
How can it be used effectively?
- Do you agree that it takes two to have a conversation? Do you think that some people need to learn the skill of active listening whereas others have a natural gift for it?
- Are you more of a listener or a speaker in conversations?
- How can we teach active listening to children and teenagers? Is the skill of active listening teachable at all?
- Does body language play a role in active listening ? Define/describe some body language tricks we can use to facilitate active listening?
- Do you sometimes feel that the skill of listening is dying out in the age of technology? Do you feel that people prefer to converse with AI?
Remember to check out the rules and instruction page before joining your first speaking club session.
⚠️ Fair useage policy apply, messages are logged to train our AI tutor and and improve our services. Remember AI isn't perfect!