Discussion Topics The social media world with fake profiles
Communicating with others
- Why do you think people use fake profiles?
- What ways can one detect a fake profile?
- Do you believe there is any harm in having a fake profile or account on social media? Why or why not?
- Have you ever encountered or been affected by a fake profile on social media? How did it make you feel, and how did you handle the situation?
- What precautions or steps do you take to protect your own social media profile from impersonation or fake accounts?
- How do you use social media to communicate with others?
- Have you ever used social media to criticize others? What was the result of this encounter?
- In what ways do you think the presence of fake profiles on social media has altered the dynamics of online conversations and discussions?
- Have you or someone you know experienced a type of cyberbullying or harassment from fake or real profiles on social media? What happened?
- How can individuals and platforms address these challenges to maintain a healthy online environment?
Remember to check out the rules and instruction page
before joining your first speaking club session.
for Open Learning and join unlimited masterclasses and speaking club sessions. If you are already a member, log in
to register for this session.